Articles and Answers 2020
CHECK OUT TODAY’S NEWS
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Heartbreaking moment little boy tells cops his own MUM broke his arm and punched him ...
- Naked woman shocks shoppers in Russia after brazenly walking through a busy town centre in ...
- Istanbul hit by freak storm as GOLF BALL-sized hailstones cause devastation amid flash floods and ...
- Nepal woodcarvers inspired to restore quake-toppled temples
- Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood Buy Wedding Gifts for Fans
- Navy Reconvenes Active E-9 Selection board July 24, 2017
- January 2018 E7 Advancement Cycle Announced July 17, 2017
- See Something Wrong, Do Something Right July 15, 2017
- Honor, Courage, Commitment...online and all the time July 15, 2017
- Navy Announces Review of All Collateral Duties, Eliminates Seven Now July 12, 2017
Daily Silver Price
ARTICLES AND ANSWERS BLOG
- CBO Cost Estimate of Senate Version of Healthcare Bill June 26, 2017
- HAPPY FATHER’S DAY June 18, 2017
- Happy Mother’s Day 2017 May 14, 2017
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVE FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2017 May 7, 2017
- Trump Administration Proposed Budget for 2018 March 16, 2017
- Happy Birthday Jackie Johnson March 14, 2017
- Cost Estimate American Health Care March 13, 2017
- American Health Care Act March 6, 2017
- American Facts of Life March 3, 2017
- How is This Even Possible? February 27, 2017
- Happy Holidays to All! December 5, 2016
- Happy Thanksgiving November 24, 2016 November 19, 2016
- HAPPY VETERAN’S DAY 2016 November 11, 2016
- HAPPY 241st BIRTHDAY U.S. MARINES November 10, 2016
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CUBBIES 8-7 in the 10th November 2, 2016
- Happy Birthday UNITED STATES NAVY October 12, 2016
- CONGRATULATIONS ZANE!!!!! August 2, 2016
- The Difference Between a $27.00 and a $2,700.00 Campaign Contribution June 22, 2016
- HAPPY FATHER’S DAY – JUNE 19, 2016 June 19, 2016
- Fact vs. Fiction 06-17-2016 June 17, 2016
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE! June 9, 2016
- Happy Mother’s Day to All May 7, 2016
- THANK YOU TO ALL THAT SERVED! November 10, 2015
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY U.S. MARINE CORPS November 10, 2015
- U.S. House – Discussion Draft – To Provide To Provide a Bipartisan Budget Agreement October 27, 2015
- “FBI Releases 2014 Crime Statistics” October 2, 2015
- Vatican Statement Regarding meeting between Pope Francis and Davis October 2, 2015
- A Must Read for All Interested in the Iran Agreement August 16, 2015
- JCPOA July 14, 2015 – Vienna July 14, 2015
- Supreme Court Decision OBERGEFELL v. HODGES – June 26, 2015 (Marriage equality) June 26, 2015
- Supreme Court Decision King v. Burwell – June 25, 2015 [a.k.a. “Obamacare” decision] June 25, 2015
- Harvard University Report – “The State of the Nation’s Housing 2015” June 24, 2015
- ENCYCLICAL LETTER LAUDATO SI’ OF THE HOLY FATHER FRANCIS ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME June 19, 2015
- FEDERAL RESERVE FEDERAL OPEN MARKET COMMITTEE RELEASE – JUNE 17, 2015 June 17, 2015
- LQNN, Inc. Recalls Poultry, Beef and Pork Products Produced Without the Benefit of Inspection and Misbranded With Unauthorized Use of the USDA Mark of Inspection May 20, 2015
- Minutes of the Federal Open Market Committee April 28–29, 2015 – Release Date May 20, 2015 – 2:00 EDT May 20, 2015
- INVESTIGATIVE REPORT CONCERNING FOOTBALLS USED DURING THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ON JANUARY 18, 2015 May 6, 2015
- Official CDC Health Advisory – CDC HAN 377 April 25, 2015
- Nepal 7.8 Earthquake – More than 1,400 dead April 25, 2015
- USDA Class I Recall – Hong Ha April 24, 2015
- USDA Class II Recall – Alpine Sausage Kitchen April 24, 2015
- TPP – TRANS-PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT April 22, 2015
- IAU – International Astronomical Union Campaign for Public Participation in Naming Features on Pluto March 25, 2015
- FBI Releases Final Report on Protecting the Homeland March 25, 2015
- Two Americans on Board Germanwings Flight 4U9525 March 25, 2015
- President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi Flees Yemen March 25, 2015
- Department of Interior Final Rule for Safe and Responsible Fracking Released March 20, 2015 March 21, 2015
- USDA CLASS I RECALL – Stoneridge Wholesale Division, LLC March 18, 2015
- Economic Projections of Federal Reserve Board Members and Federal Reserve Bank Presidents, March 2015 March 18, 2015
- Smile for the Day March 16, 2015
Register to Vote
Election 2012U.S. Presidential Election Obama v. RomneyNovember 6th, 2012There are a total of 538 Electoral Votes with 270 needed to win. Barack Obama received 332 electoral votes while Mitt Romney received 206 electoral votes. Barack Obama received a total of 65,899,660 votes, while Mitt Romney received a total of 60,982,152 votes.
There have been two articles published within the past few days that may cause the reader to sit back and think about the consequences of U.S. laws as follows:
On the other side of the immigration coin, we have the three family members, introduced by President Donald J. Trump during his Joint Session of Congress speech, whose loved ones became casualties at the hands of illegals.
The stories have been on my mind ever since I originally read them. The good deeds Juan Pacheo did for his community over the past ten years, seem to totally outweigh his illegal status. And the same is true for Daniela Vargas. How on earth can she be held responsible for the actions of her parents when she was age seven upon entering this country?
Yes, we have illegal immigrants in this country and actions need to be taken to ensure these people follow the various laws of our country but grabbing them out of their households and tossing them in a detention center doesn’t appear to be the answer because it’s not the American way.
As far as the family members of Jamil Shaw Jr, Daniel Oliver, and Michael Davis, President Trump introduced during his speech, my heart goes out to them for their tragic losses, but their situation is not the norm.
As of July 1, 2016, the United States Census Bureau estimated the population of the United States at 323 million, broken down as follows:
- 61.6% White
- 17.6% Hispanic or Latino
- 13.3% Black or African American
- 05.6% Asian
- 01.2% American Indian or Alaskan Native
Our President has continued to use the word “Mexicans” when referring to illegals, so I’ll use their data. Of the 323 million population estimated to be in the U.S., 17.6% or 56,848,000 are Hispanic or Latino. If you just deal with the number that are considered “illegal immigrants” in this country you are looking at a total of roughly 11 million.
Somehow or another the number three, as in three dead from illegals, one in 2008 and two in 2014, simply gets lost in the shuffle and do not appear to pose much of a “National Security Threat” to this country. Even if you multiplied by 100, that would only be 300, multiply by a thousand and you’re still only looking at a total of 3,000 out of 323 million or a tiny drop in the population bucket.
If only 1.2% of the population is American Indian that means all the rest of us are immigrants or descendants of immigrants.
Are you a legal or illegal?
(c) 2017 PJ
Kevin Liptak, CNN White House Producer, published a story this afternoon quoting President Donald Trump as making the following statement regarding the Affordable Care Act:
“Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.”
How is it possible for a person to run for President of the United States, state they are going to discontinue the Affordable Care Act immediately upon gaining entrance to the White House, and not comprehend the complexities of the law governing the act?
How is it possible for a political party to state their one goal is to rid the country of the Affordable Care Act and seven years later not have a plan in place for replacement?
“Ignorance is bliss” simply does not apply when it comes to the health and well-being of United States citizens. We deserve better!
© 2017 PJ
- Sunday, December 25 – Christmas Day
- Sunday, December 25 – Hanukkah Begins
- Monday, December 26 – Kwanzaa Begins
The United States Marine Corps was born on November 10, 1775 when the Second Continental Congress provided legislation for “two Battalions of Marines”.
JOURNAL OF THE CONTINENTAL CONGRESS
(Philadelphia) Friday, November 10, 1775
Resolved, That two Battalions of marines be raised, consisting of one Colonel, two Lieutenant Colonels, two Majors, and other officers as usual in other regiments; and that they consist of an equal number of privates with other battalions; that particular care be taken, that no persons be appointed to office, or enlisted into said Battalions, but such as are good seamen, or so acquainted with maritime affairs as to be able to serve to advantage by sea when required; that they be enlisted and commissioned to serve for and during the present war between Great Britain and the colonies, unless dismissed by order of Congress: that they be distinguished by the names of the first and second battalions of American Marines, and that they be considered as part of the number which the continental Army before Boston is ordered to consist of.
Ordered, That a copy of the above be transmitted to the General.
The official Motto of the United States Marine Corps is “Semper Fidelis”  (“Always Faithful”) and was adopted around 1883. Prior to 1883 there were three different mottoes used by the Marine Corps, but all three were considered traditional rather than official.
· “Fortitudine”  (“With Fortitude”)
· “By Sea and by Land” – a translation of the Royal Marine’s “Per Mare, Per Terram”
· “To the Shores of Tripoli”, subsequently revised to: “From the Halls of the Montezumas to the Shores of Tripolli”
(C) 2016 Patricia L Johnson