Articles and Answers 2020
CHECK OUT TODAY’S NEWS
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chelsea book place in Champions League knockout stages after crushing Qarabag
- The Latest: Zimbabwe's Mnangagwa kept contact with military
- Saudi-led coalition pledges to ease crippling Yemen blockade
- Airline defendants to pay $95 million in 9/11 settlement
- Pence visits injured service members at military hospital
- Legal Assistance for Sailors, Families and Retirees November 16, 2017
- Navy Sets New Physical Fitness Standard to Start Boot Camp November 15, 2017
- NEXCOM CEO Announces Early Rollout of Type III Uniform in Navy Region Southeast November 15, 2017
- DON IM/IT Excellence Awards Nominations Extended to Nov. 27 November 15, 2017
- NEX Extends Online Benefits to Veterans November 6, 2017
Daily Silver Price
ARTICLES AND ANSWERS BLOG
- Happy 242nd Birthday United States Marine Corps November 10, 2017
- HAPPY VETERANS DAY – November 11, 2017, celebrated November 10, 2017 November 9, 2017
- What is a Veteran? November 9, 2017
- H.R. 1 November 2, 2017
- INFORMATION for VETERANS August 10, 2017
- A Chart Worth Reviewing August 8, 2017
- CBO Cost Estimate of Senate Version of Healthcare Bill June 26, 2017
- HAPPY FATHER’S DAY June 18, 2017
- Happy Mother’s Day 2017 May 14, 2017
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVE FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2017 May 7, 2017
- Trump Administration Proposed Budget for 2018 March 16, 2017
- Happy Birthday Jackie Johnson March 14, 2017
- Cost Estimate American Health Care March 13, 2017
- American Health Care Act March 6, 2017
- American Facts of Life March 3, 2017
- How is This Even Possible? February 27, 2017
- Happy Holidays to All! December 5, 2016
- Happy Thanksgiving November 24, 2016 November 19, 2016
- HAPPY VETERAN’S DAY 2016 November 11, 2016
- HAPPY 241st BIRTHDAY U.S. MARINES November 10, 2016
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CUBBIES 8-7 in the 10th November 2, 2016
- Happy Birthday UNITED STATES NAVY October 12, 2016
- CONGRATULATIONS ZANE!!!!! August 2, 2016
- The Difference Between a $27.00 and a $2,700.00 Campaign Contribution June 22, 2016
- HAPPY FATHER’S DAY – JUNE 19, 2016 June 19, 2016
- Fact vs. Fiction 06-17-2016 June 17, 2016
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE! June 9, 2016
- Happy Mother’s Day to All May 7, 2016
- THANK YOU TO ALL THAT SERVED! November 10, 2015
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY U.S. MARINE CORPS November 10, 2015
- U.S. House – Discussion Draft – To Provide To Provide a Bipartisan Budget Agreement October 27, 2015
- “FBI Releases 2014 Crime Statistics” October 2, 2015
- Vatican Statement Regarding meeting between Pope Francis and Davis October 2, 2015
- A Must Read for All Interested in the Iran Agreement August 16, 2015
- JCPOA July 14, 2015 – Vienna July 14, 2015
- Supreme Court Decision OBERGEFELL v. HODGES – June 26, 2015 (Marriage equality) June 26, 2015
- Supreme Court Decision King v. Burwell – June 25, 2015 [a.k.a. “Obamacare” decision] June 25, 2015
- Harvard University Report – “The State of the Nation’s Housing 2015” June 24, 2015
- ENCYCLICAL LETTER LAUDATO SI’ OF THE HOLY FATHER FRANCIS ON CARE FOR OUR COMMON HOME June 19, 2015
- FEDERAL RESERVE FEDERAL OPEN MARKET COMMITTEE RELEASE – JUNE 17, 2015 June 17, 2015
- LQNN, Inc. Recalls Poultry, Beef and Pork Products Produced Without the Benefit of Inspection and Misbranded With Unauthorized Use of the USDA Mark of Inspection May 20, 2015
- Minutes of the Federal Open Market Committee April 28–29, 2015 – Release Date May 20, 2015 – 2:00 EDT May 20, 2015
- INVESTIGATIVE REPORT CONCERNING FOOTBALLS USED DURING THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ON JANUARY 18, 2015 May 6, 2015
- Official CDC Health Advisory – CDC HAN 377 April 25, 2015
- Nepal 7.8 Earthquake – More than 1,400 dead April 25, 2015
- USDA Class I Recall – Hong Ha April 24, 2015
- USDA Class II Recall – Alpine Sausage Kitchen April 24, 2015
- TPP – TRANS-PACIFIC PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT April 22, 2015
- IAU – International Astronomical Union Campaign for Public Participation in Naming Features on Pluto March 25, 2015
- FBI Releases Final Report on Protecting the Homeland March 25, 2015
Register to Vote
Election 2012U.S. Presidential Election Obama v. RomneyNovember 6th, 2012There are a total of 538 Electoral Votes with 270 needed to win. Barack Obama received 332 electoral votes while Mitt Romney received 206 electoral votes. Barack Obama received a total of 65,899,660 votes, while Mitt Romney received a total of 60,982,152 votes.
The legal definition of “veteran” from U.S. Code > Title 38 > Part I > Chapter 1 > Section 101 follows:
- 101. Definitions
(2) The term “veteran” means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released therefrom under conditions other than dishonorable.
The U.S. legal definition of a Veteran is unfortunate. If a man or woman went to war for us, served in a foreign country for xx number of years, or months, experiencing events most of us couldn’t survive and walk away because they just can’t live with the actions they’ve personally taken, are they any less of a Veteran?
No, they were still there, they still fought, they still served their country. They are already penalized by our government by the fact they are not eligible for any Veteran benefits if they have a dishonorable discharge. I suspect our government would say calling them Veterans would be dishonoring those Veterans that do have honorable discharges. I’m sure many Veterans would also feel that way, but IMHO a major dishonor to Veterans in this country is the failure of Department of Veterans Affairs, the government agency responsible for caring for Veterans to remain open on Veterans Day. Their mission reads “To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s veterans.
While VA is contemplating whether, or not, they should remain open on Veterans Day, they may also want to consider changing their mission from “To care for him who shall have borne the battle” to “To care for those who shall have borne the battle”. Apparently, no one has bothered to inform them women are now in the military.
Veterans are the young men and women that put their lives on hold for several years to serve our country in any capacity necessary which makes them “Our Heroes”. They are there to serve us morning, noon and night, 24-hours a day, seven days a week, under conditions that most of us would find unacceptable, but they do it to protect the freedom of the United States.
They come from all incomes, all races, all political and religious affiliations, and various countries. The men and women who serve in our military were not all born in the United States. They are as diversified as the men and women they fight for at home. In some instances, they are not even from this country when they fight, and give up lives or limbs on our behalf. How many lost their lives when we initially went to war with Iraq? Numerous countries provided military support to the U.S.
Changes don’t come quickly in this country. Veterans Day is a prime example. Years ago, I wrote an article about trying to find a card to send out on Veterans Day to the many Veterans I know that have served our country. None were available and I was absolutely flabbergasted. I could not believe millions of men and women could lose their life or limb for this country and we couldn’t even honor them with a greeting card on THEIR day. For years, I had to hand create cards to send out. But, times have changed, cards are available (although limited), all sorts of pastries are available and numerous establishments honor those that served with freebies, free meals, partial meals, haircuts, car washes, discounts, etc. You may review the following list to see what’s available in your location. Please be sure to call in advance to confirm requirements for receiving whatever benefits are being offered. Military Benefits Info
There is a total of 23,234,000 living Veterans according to America’s Wars Fact Sheet published by the Department of Veterans Affairs. As of April 2017, there were a total of 4,444,533 Veterans receiving service-connected compensation for disabilities incurred during World War II, the Philippines, the Korean Conflict, the Vietnam Era and/or the Gulf War.
Just think about that number for a minute. That means going back 75 years, men or women in this country have suffered from a disease and/or injury incurred while fighting for us. It’s time you fought for them by demanding the VA medical centers stay open on Veterans Day, that we do not get into another war without total Congressional approval and you help celebrate Veterans Day by thanking a Veteran for their service to our country.
HAPPY VETERANS DAY to all who served!
© 2017 Articles and Answers 2020
Click HERE to request Veterans Military Service Records online, by FAX or by mail (Don’t forget a DD215 is an addition/correction to your DD214 Discharge Summary. Be sure to request both a copy of your DD214 and DD215, if applicable).
Click HERE to replace lost Military Medals and Awards.
Click HERE to obtain information on Healthcare available through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Click HERE for obtaining information on the 2017 ONLINE Veterans Health Benefits handbook. If you are already enrolled in VA Healthcare you probably already received your personalized version of health benefits available to YOU. If you are not yet enrolled, you may view the sample health benefits booklet that is currently online.
Go to the National Archives to obtain additional information sources for Veterans.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
© 2017 Patricia L Johnson
The CBO cost estimate of June 26, 2017 of the Senate version of the Healthcare bill is 49-pages long, but you only need to read one sentence to make your decision on whether it’s good or bad for the people in this country.
“By 2026, an estimated 49 million people would be uninsured, compared with 28 million who would lack insurance that year under current law.”